Effective time management strategies are principles and practices that can "save time." However, finding ways and techniques to do this can be difficult sometimes because of our usual lifestyles and schedules.
You should not make your life miserable, stretching and straining yourself too much. Even if you have to finish the things you need to complete in a day. You should have a change of perspective and thinking instead in order to save much time for different situations whether at home or at work, so you can finish the things you need to complete.
First of all whatever your schedule is, you should try to visualize or imagine the kind of daily life you’ll be handling everyday and what kind of life you expect to create.
If you have many things to do in a day and you feel that you don’t have sufficient time for rest and leisure, you should start to separate the things that you need in order to prioritize the things that are important from the things that are not.
If you can discipline yourself and get organized with the way you do things, there would be order and less delays with your time from mistakes and forgetfulness.
Consider these practices for effective time management strategies:
As you start your day you should start with a good morning routine so everything is in order and gets prepared.
Suggestions for effective time management strategies you can apply at home:
1. Prepare a quick breakfast such as cereals or sandwiches or other foods that are easy to prepare and digest like bread, oatmeal, pancakes, etc.
2. Take a quick bath and dress yourself not taking more than 30 mins.
3. Assign some tasks to family members, such as cleaning the house.
4. Designate places for your things so there won’t be difficulty finding them.
5. Organize your trash. Put trash bins in every area of the house. When you need to remove them, gather them together in a garbage bag and bring them outside all at once.
You don’t need to go to the garbage can outside several times.
More practices you can apply at home:
6. When you or someone cooks, extra amounts can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator as a reserve. Extra foods can be stored in containers and have them labeled. You can reheat them at meal times instead of having to cook again something. This is one of the effective time management strategies for busy people.
7. Ask assistance from your spouse or kids for laundry and folding. This will also teach them responsibility.
8. Hire someone like from the neighborhood to do the lawn or tend the garden.
9. Instead of having to go to the store, buy things online instead and have it delivered. This is one of the effective time management strategies available today.
There are several effective time management strategies you can use in the workplace.
When you come to work, anything can happen with your tasks and with co-worker's activities and relations. Using good timesavers in the workplace will enable you to achieve more and prevent much of the stress that you may experience.
Here are suggestions for practices and ways that you can use in the workplace:
1. Mark down events such as:
on a reliable calendar.
2. To help you remember things, you can use automated tools like:
This is for helping you get reminded of events.
3. Keep a good watch for checking your time. It can help you a lot.
4. There’s no need to check your email too much at the office and you should limit it. Try to avoid or limit social media sites, unnecessary text messaging and personal phone calls. These activities would take a large amount of time when you sum them up.
More practices you can apply at work:
5. You should avoid "chatting" too much with your office mate during work hours, you can do this during breaks and you can also do minor tasks during these vacant times.
6. There are always intervals during work times and you should take some deep breathing, walk a little and drink some water. This would refresh and help recondition your body. It would help you improve your personal productivity.
7. Organize your schedules during breaks. You might find other times of the day more suited for certain tasks to do.
8. Settle conflicts, disputes and controversies with co-workers, so you can be in good harmony with them. You can avoid barriers and ill- feelings which can consume time during work. This is a good leadership characteristic you can develop, if you want to get a better chance of promotion.
You should keep a fit body. You should have proper nutrition and you can ask a nutritionist for advice. Give time for regular exercise because it will always benefit you if your body is in good shape and conditioned for work and doing things. You can do more!
Improve your study skills so you can learn faster and easier with the things that you do and study. You should have a personal development plan for overall improvement and you can develop more effective time management strategies as you develop yourself.
Effective time management strategies for timesavers are related to "resourcefulness" and this is one special characteristic you can develop for yourself, if you keep an "open mind." So study and study when you have spare times instead of doing unproductive things such as gossiping, watching too much T.V. and playing games too much.
Try to be as "well-rounded" as you can. The more things you know, the more ways and techniques you can do in different situations. It pays to know more!