Here are effective time management techniques you can personally apply at home and at work.
These timesavers can create more valuable time for you and will definitely help increase the rate of your productivity on important work. You can also use these strategies to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
1. Use programs such as a web filtering software to save you time from having to monitor your kids at home when they use the computer.
2. Limit your time with T.V., don’t get carried away. It can take too much of your time and it’s unproductive.
3. Sort your things before you sleep such as books, files and documents because you might have to rush the next morning.
4. Have sufficient sleep. A good sleep can take you a long way when you’re in good condition. This is important for effective time management techniques. Don’t try to imitate people who sleep like 4 hours a day. It will take a toll on your health and it won’t give stable efficiency at work.
5. Separate the things that you will reuse such as worn clothes and used cups or mugs for drinking so they can be easily accessed when needed.
More timesavers you can apply:
6. Have someone clean your car or bring it to the car wash at least once a week.
7. Keep a good maintenance of your car such as oil and engine check because if your car malfunctions on the road or doesn’t work well, it will take lots of your time with the trouble that can happen. This is one good timesaver for you.
8. Assign someone from your family to do the grocery. You should provide a complete and detailed list of things to buy so there won’t be mistakes.
9. Adjust your schedules when tasks are best to be done. Structure your schedule – morning / afternoon / evening. List on each period of time, the tasks which are most fit to be done.
When you have effective time management techniques at home, you can reduce anxiety symptoms that can happen in relation to your private life.
1. Pay bills online if it’s available instead of going to the payment center. You should pay before the due date to avoid troubles with your bills and subscriptions.
2. If you can delegate a task to someone, then do so if you have too much to do. You can give something later in return. This is one of the effective time management techniques you can apply when you have too many things to do.
You should make sure that you delegate a task to someone capable of doing it properly so it will save you time instead of making more problems.
3. Organize your files and documents properly in the cabinet or on a tray in proper order and by category, so you won’t misplace them and be able to access what you need quickly when needed.
4. Make brief and "direct to the point" business letters. It is faster to compose and it’s easier to get recognized and considered by your boss or superior.
More timesavers you can use:
5. Adjust meeting times when everyone is available so time is maximized and you don’t have to set more meetings.
6. Make presentations that are clear and accurate with detail so your presentation time is used well and will not take much time.
7. Guard your health. Take some vitamins and eat healthy foods instead of junk foods and those with preservatives.
Have periodical checkups with the doctor. If you get sick, you can’t work for some time. It will take lots of your time when you’re not feeling well.
8. Prevent viruses and malware from damaging and interrupting the performance of your computer. It’s a big nuisance and loss of useful time when you cannot use your computer as well.
These are plenty of effective time management techniques you can apply or practice in your daily life. They do work well especially if you keep them as a stable habit. You'll be able to do more with your time which will lead to more achievement and satisfaction in life.